How to be safe from hackers? This is the mistake done by all the beginners they learn hacking, Learn how to hack networks, accounts etc. but if they know how to hack someone then there are so many hackers who know how to hack. And they can also hack you even when you know how to hack them. So whats the point of hacking someone and then after get hacked by someone. Before you learn hacking you should learn how to be safe from hacking. you know how to do brute force attack, social engineering attack etc. But don’t know how to be safe from this attack. you will not be paid for hacking someone you will be paid to stop from being hacked unless you are an black hat hacker.
1. PASSWORDS – This is the very common mistake everyone do in their internet life. they don’t like to remember passwords or they forget their passwords so they use very common passwords like 12345678 or qwerty1234 etc which is very common and if you use this kind of passwords then you will be hacked less than a minute. if you are not using passwords like this and think you are safe then you are not. Around 50 to 70% people use their personal details as passwords like Name, Date Of Birth, Pet Name, someone else name or Date Of Birth whom they love or favourite actor, sport person name etc. If you are one of them then its very easy to hack you. Use a very strong password a password must contain capital letter, small letter, symbols etc. Make sure your password is at least 10 character.
2. SAME PASSWORDS – Now you have very strong password and its hard to guess or crack. But remembering a strong passwords is very hard so people create only one strong password and use it every where. Its very bad habit and dangerous to use same password on every account. If someone has targeted you and want to hack you at any cost regardless how much time it will take then there are chances that your strong password can be cracked and if he manage to hack you one accounts then all your accounts are hacked because of same password. let take an another example you are using same password for your accounts now you are visiting a third party or an unknown website it looks very good or its helpful to you and you create an account on that website with same password you are using everywhere. Suppose that website is suspicious and trying to get your password now you have created an accounts on that website with same password now all your accounts are hacked. So make sure you are not using same password everywhere.
3. PASSWORD CHANGING – This is also a very common mistake we do in our like. we have a very strong password and using different password for our accounts but we never change our passwords. you never know that this strong password you are using today. Tomorrow it could be in the common password list. There are so many data breaches happening today. what if your account is in that breach. Your strong password won’t be able to protect you if your account is in data breach. Use https://haveibeenpwned.com/ this website will tell you whether you email or password is in any data breach or not. You must change your password after every 2 to 3 months.
4. MALICIOUS LINK AND EMAILS – You think you are using strong and different passwords and trying to change passwords after period of time. But you are visiting unknown and malicious website and that website is asking to login to your facebook or google account and you doing that. These website could be an phishing website and you have entered you details and you are hacked. When we talk about email. Email is very popular way to hack you. Email spoofing is very easy way to hack you. Lets take an example you got an email and this email is pretending that this email is from you friend you by facebook or by google and tell you to download this file and tell you to login to this website and you are doing whatever is written in that email but before doing any thing you should check that this email is for you or really send from the person he is pretending to be. these files could be an malware virus or keylogger. Avoid downloading files from email or any third party or unknown source.
5. HTTP VS HTTPS – We never check that which protocol this website is using. Http is protocol run on port 80 used by website to surf websites on browser but http is not secure. When you enter any details on http website that mean all the details is in the plain text and your data could be read by anyone who is between you and that website server.
Https is the secure way of http which mean data between you and server of that website is encrypted can cannot be read by anyone if hacker manage to get data between you and server still he won’t be able to read. So make sure website you are surfing is an https protected for website like banking or where you have login with your password but website which doesn’t have any login page and is only for surfing that it does’t matter where website is http or https.
6. WIFI – Most of people use public wifi to surf the internet even many people use banking transaction using public wifi you should not use public wifi. Public wifi is more vulnerable. suppose there is free wifi near your home with the name of xyz and hacker will create a fake wifi with internet connection and same name xyz now when you search for wifi it will show 2 wifi with same name and you are connected with hackers wifi. and hacker is doing dns spoofing and any other attack when you type facebook.com hacker can redirect you to a phishing website and this time you are not visiting phishing website you have manually entered the website url but in the backside website is replaced by hacker which look like real facebook site its not.
Another hacking with wifi if you are connected to real public wifi or even you home wifi and a hacker is also connected to same wifi now he can perfome same dns spoofing attack to redirect you to fake website or will try to do man in the middle attack to read you data. To be safe from this attack make sure you are not using a public wifi but when it very argent and you don’t have internet and you have use public wifi than make sure you are not surfing any site which include you personal deatail like facebook google twitter or banking site. and for you home network make sure you wifi is protected with wpa2 encryption and wps is off and you are using a strong password for wifi and router is updated with latest firmware.